Sunday 4 December 2016

Slayer Bowl 2

Yesterday, I went to the Slayer Bowl 2, with my sexy human team (ok, only the ogre was painted, but still, what a sexy ogre).

I really enjoy playing Blood Bowl as a kind of "side hoe" game, because it's a lot less complicated than Warmachine and Hordes (from my point of view, but of course for anyone whom Blood Bowl is there "main hoe", they could see it the other way around).

I had first planned to go with my glorious Union Elf team (aka "Pro Elf"), the Rainbow Warriors, but during a practice match against the Chaos Dwarf of a fellow player, I realize that they are way too fragile, and as I bought the new Blood Bowl box, I choose to complete the Human Team by adding an Ogre from my great and venerable bits of Warhammer Fantasy (RIP, glorious game of my younger days) and 2 old human Blitzer from an older version. As such, the Reiksguard Irregulars were created !

My first game was against a Dark Elf. I tried to keep is team lock down, but thrice he succeeded in getting behind my line, and thrice he scored. His Assassin also successfully stabbed my Ogre, but he quickly regretted it when a Blitzer sent him skyrocketing the next turn. A good match, but we started the day with a loss.

My second game was against a Slann team. None from his team had the Block Skill, while 5 of mine did, including my Ogre. Winning the melee game, my opponent quickly found himself outnumbered and things got out of hand for him when I started flanking hard with my Blitzer. Overall, I scored thrice and did four casualties, while only suffering one casualty and no touchdown.

My third game was against the already mentioned Chaos Dwarf player. I wanted my revenge, but Nuffle, the God of Blood Bowl, had other plans... Most of the game was played with a 3 to 4 men disadvantage for me. My Ogre only spent 2 turns on the field, my Blitz turn (which didn't do a thing) and the last turn of the game. Nonetheless, I successfully gave my opponent a good run for his money, as I made several crazy turns of multiple 4+ dodge and pick-up, trying to throw the ball far away. I put so much pressure on him that even at 5 against 3 (1 minotaur, 3 Chaos Dwarf and a Hobgoblin vs a Blitzer, a Thrower and a Lineman), he felt it was to dangerous to stall and went directly for the touchdown. There was also many great strategic moves made on my part, such as leaving all my team on the ground before the half-time, giving him 0 possibilities of blocks. The game ended 2-0 for my opponent, but it was probably the game I enjoyed the most all day.

My final game was against an Ogre team, with 5 Ogre and 6 Snotling. This game was a massacre. Bodies were flying into the air, bones were broken, head smashed... That's on I ended with a 4-0 victory. Two of his Ogres, one while Going-For-It and one on a Both Down result, got injured while I rolled 6-6 for Armour and 6-6 for Injury ! Also, two Snotlings got crippled and a third was KO most of the match. Even the kick-off events were on my side most of the time, with two Perfect Defense and a Blitz. I suffered two casualties as well, but nothing compared to what I gave.

Overall, I finish with 2 wins and 2 loss. On the overall, I was 7 on 20, which is pretty great if you ask me since that was the first time I played that team.

Also, the Indiegogo event for my Norse Team informed me that I should receive them between the second and third week of December. That's like 2 months late, but I can't do much about it, and I still had great fun with my Human Team.

No comments:

Post a Comment