Sunday 16 February 2020

STOP ! In the name of... Nurgle ??

Before you break my heart...

Last time I posted here was a full year ago. It is full of dust, and mainly speak about Warmachine & Hordes, but now my main game is Underworlds, and it is my blog, so yeah... who knows what's coming next ! Not me.

I decided to take the mic of right today to defend the poor little cutey Wurmspats. That warband seems to throw a huge gooey curveball to a lot of players, and get labelled terribly for it. Now full disclaimer, I am not a Pro-Player. My secret tech in tournaments is usually to stay hydrated and well nourish. My only Shadeglass is from a Relic event that I did last December with Sepulchral Guard and Thundrik Profiteers (I know, weird one that was). My meta may not be the most hardcore (but we sure keep trying).

First, the decklist that I am currently using with them:

Objectives:
Strong Start
Overpower
Unexpected Pitfall
Seeping Rot
Sorcerous Volley
Swift Capture
Team Effort
Path to Victory
Chosen Warrior
Nurgle's Garden Grows
Uncontested
Coveted Spoils

Gambits:
Steady Advance
Restless Prize
Nightmare in the Shadows
Abasoth's Unmaking
Invert Terrain
Side Step
Grievous Riposte
Nauseous Revulsion
Sphere of Aqshy
Buried Instinct

Upgrades:
Tome of Vitality
Substance Siphon
Hulking Physique
Champion Fortitude
Great Fortitude
Faneway Crystal
Virulent Blade
Spiteful Charm
Mandibles of the Ur-Grub
Victor's Speed

It is always evolving, but I tried to make it better every time. You may notice a lot of cards that you don't see often. I don't fellow which are the "best cardz", simply because it is all relative to what you want to achieve. This deck is let you sit back and take your time. Pick your target carefully, try to inspire as soon as you can without overreaching.

You want to cancel the objective markers in your opponent territory with your gambits. The deck itself only ever requires you to hold two of them, and usually, you just need to get rid of one to stop all the Supremacy and Temporary Victory shenanigans. Once that's done, your opponent will have to come to you for the objectives, so you start to pick him apart. And actually, only three objectives require you to do a kill (and the Path to Victory kill can be shared with a Surge), so here again, not a lot of pressure to get those kills in. The other gambits are there to help you inspire. Grievous Riposte is a bold choice but can turn a game on its head, and as a Reaction can stop a few nasty things like the Snarlfang. From there, the upgrades tank up the warband. 3 cards add Wound and 1 heal. Substance Siphon may look like a strange choice, but it is very good on Fecula, or actually, anybody if your opponent runs a lot of Cleave. Remember that this does not stop their ability to diminish damage, so instead of 1 dice, Fecula can get 3 of them, which is huge, and nothing stops you from going on Guard. Spiteful Charm is also a little funny addition to deter the opponent from attacking. I will not go in detail about the choice for every card but will answer any questions.

So far I had a good run with this deck, and while you don't rack a lot of glories, your opponent will have a hard time getting any.

Let me know what you think, and also if it is something you would like me to do more often (blog post and decklist analysis, that is).

No comments:

Post a Comment