Sunday 13 November 2016

And the Destroyer award goes to...

*Whistling* - Heigh-ho, heigh-ho. It's home from work we go... Popopom pom pom...

- Oh, I haven't seen you there ! Stop hiding in shadowy corners and actually come in ! It's warmer inside anyway. [Disclaimer: if you are from Australia, this won't make sense.] So, it has been what, one or two weeks now ? Fault's on me, of course, but yeck, what can I say ? I just feel like I don't have enough content, and I don't want to bore you with uninteresting babbling.

Nonetheless, last week, I went to a painting class, and that was very enlightening, to say the least. Did you all know about that wet pallet tricks, and never bother to tell me for so long ? That is just revolutionary ! And of course, I've learnt some other stuff, like doing several thin-coat to achieve shadow and all. So maybe if I feel more confident and that my models are looking better, I'll start posting them on the blog.

My journeyman league always finished yesterday. Even do there is still an ending-Steamroller to go, I already won 4 Destroyer Points, which is enough to claim the title of Master of Destruction, or whatever the name is. For those of you who wonder what my list was, I will post it here further down a couple lines, because she also the list I will take to the Steamroller. Mind you, my local Press Gangster made so change to the regular rule, and each week we could take out one card, so you won't see those shredders and the Bolt Thrower (who actually carried my list for the first 2 weeks of the League).

For the next week event, the terrible STEAMROLLER OF THE END OF THE JOURNEYMAN LEAGUE, here what I plan to take.

Legion of Everblight - Flying Circus

Theme: No Theme Selected
75 / 75 Army

Fuel Cache - Steamroller Objective

Kryssa, Conviction of Everblight - WB: +31
-    Succubus - PC: 4
-    Angelius - PC: 17 (Battlegroup Points Used: 17)
-    Seraph - PC: 14 (Battlegroup Points Used: 14)
-    Neraph - PC: 12
-    Angelius - PC: 17

Blighted Nyss Warlord - PC: 5
Blighted Nyss Sorceress & Hellion - PC: 6
Spell Martyr - PC: 1

Blackfrost Shard - Sevryn, Rhylyss & Vysarr: 9
Blighted Nyss Swordsmen - Leader & 9 Grunts: 15
-    Blighted Nyss Swordsmen Abbot & Champion - Abbot & Champion: 6

AND

Legion of Everblight - Dixie Salad

Theme: No Theme Selected
75 / 75 Army

Bunker - Steamroller Objective

Fyanna, Torment of Everblight - WB: +28
-    Succubus - PC: 4
-    Proteus - PC: 19 (Battlegroup Points Used: 19)
-    Seraph - PC: 14 (Battlegroup Points Used: 9)
-    Typhon - PC: 24

Annyssa Ryvaal - PC: 8
Spell Martyr - PC: 1
Spell Martyr - PC: 1
Spell Martyr - PC: 1
The Forsaken - PC: 4

Blackfrost Shard - Sevryn, Rhylyss & Vysarr: 9
Blighted Nyss Raptors - Leader & 4 Grunts: 18

I really like Flying Circus, because she's all about Alpha Strike, and has a tremendous (yep, I've followed the US presidential) amount of threat range. The list relies on high defence to survive (everything being 14 base, and 73% of the time, 16), and when the feat comes around, it usually cripples the opponent army so much that they can't recover. I know some people disagree, and don't think Kryssa can work that way, but since I'm 13-2 with her, I'll keep it that way. Also, she actually has some scenario play with the dual Angelius.

My second list, Dixie Salad, named in honour of an inside joke between Mr Vachon and myself about the cabbage salad from Dixie-Lee restaurant food chain's, present mainly in the Canadian mainland maritime area, is kind of my cat in the hat. As of this moment, I don't have either Fyanna nor Proteus, but they are both underway. If they don't arrive in time, I will have to change the list to a boring Lylyth3 Assassination list, but for now, I'm confident. The list is kind of a Hordes drop, because of the Raptors, but if my opponents have few 'jacks, or if the assassination potential seems good, I would also drop it in Warmachine. The idea is very simple: cast Gallow trough a Spell Martyr to give Proteus a 15-20" threat range, with Slipstream of course. Even, if possible, don't Gallow and cast Admonition on Proteus to protect him from retaliation. The list is geared to maximise Fyanna feat, with Typhon being 16-18 and Proteus 14-18(20), and Def 17+ for the rest. Also, Typhon alone can take down a Colossal with Kiss and Fury. So yeah, I feel good about the list.

Comment like subscribe (is that a thing with a blog ? Meh, never mind captain...) !

No comments:

Post a Comment