Sunday 2 October 2016

Journeyman League Mk3 - Legion

HI EVERYONE !!! I know, I know, you probably all missed me a lot (I have faith in you), but because of my job, it's very hard to have content for the blog when I'm working. That's why you didn't get anything for 2 months.

My job is also the reason I didn't go to the big event that was plan last week, for which I had tried Kryssa here. Nonetheless, I just started a Journeyman League, with Legion of course. I must say, I was every hesitant to embark on a Journeyman League this time for some personal matter, but mainly because I felt like the Legion Battlegroup sucked ass. Somehow, even after today (Sunday is usually the "Let gets together and play mini day" in my area), I still feel like he is waaaaaayyy not on the same level of the other Battleboxes, but hey, what can I do ?

To begin with, my local Press Ganster has made a couple of nice change to the Journeyman Package. 1- Every week is +15pts. 2- Every week, you can swap out one card (except caster). 3- For the painting, 1 model is 1 Victory, 5 is 2 Victory, 10 is 3, 15 is 4 and so on. Minors change really, but that means that I will be able to build my Flying Circus in the Journeyman League ! Every week, I will be tweaking my list toward that goal.

So after week one, it should start to be fun to play, because today was somehow weird...

Game 1 - Magnus the Traitor

I tried to play the "Bolt Thrower pushes you back and run" game, but it failed miserably when Magnus feated and run everything in my face. Sadly for him, he only camped 3, so I charged everything in with Kryssa and the Neraph under the Feat, and Magnus was bygone.

Game 2 - Xekaar

Here, since a full confrontation is absolutely not an option with the Legion Battlegroup, I tried the attrition again, moving at first forward then back. There was a nice house in the middle of the table that was perfect to hide from him. I successfully cast Howling Flame on his caster, which he transferred to the Savage, but my Neraph sneakedly (or is it sneakely ? [my grammar correction software say it is sneakily, oh well we learn every day, folks]) flew over the house and butchered the Savage before sprinting back to safety behind the house. The Reaver was the next one to hit the ground, also diminished Transferred Howling Flame, when a bolt came crashing through his skull. After that, I still had my Feat left, while his was spent, so I just waited for him to come foward and kill the Gladiator.
Disclosure, I got some really hot dices in this game, while my opponent did not, but it was pretty funny to see a Gladiator uses 4 Fury to kill a Shredder.

Game 3 - Syntherion

Well well well, guess what was my strategie here ? Yes, the same boring shoot and move back stuff. Some poor dices on my opponent part left my Neraph on a few boxes, but still with the Feat and Kryssa, he pounded to ground his heavy, while my Bolt Thrower killed the Galvanizer in melee (he had only 4 boxes remaining, so it was an easy kill). After that, the Diffuser charged Kryssa, who survived easily, and proceed to mulsh the three legged robot, leaving with Def 5, enough for a shot in melee from the Bolt Thrower, giving me the game.

So yeah, 3-0 with that crappy Battlebox. Why am I complaining you say ? Because I can tell that my opponents didn't really enjoy their game that much, and I was forced to play that way if I wanted the wins, because there is not enough power in the Battlegroup to pull out much damages.

You will also notice the almost total absence of the Shredder from that report. That would be because they, unsurprisely, didn't do a freaking thing except blocking my opponent advance. They do die well enough, though.

And sadly, for the next week, since I can only trade out one element and I need something more powerful in there, the Bolt Thrower would gives his place to an Angelius, a Nyss Sorceress and a Spell Martyr.

Stay tuned for next week !

No comments:

Post a Comment