Saturday 7 May 2016

ND Open VIII - Master Tournament Preparation

Hi everybody!
So tomorrow is da’ biggest event in my area, the ND Open, which happen once a year for now 8 year. He was usually in my hometown, but this year he’s in the next town the to the left, which is where the TO live to. This also means that this is my first tournament out of town! Not owning a car and studying in the backcountry also contributed to my non-participation to any far away event before.

Going into this Master, which is an ADR Master, I first thought about taking eLylyth and pVayl as my pairing, since both of them are in the ADR, and should cover pretty much anything my opponents would throw at me. Yet, since my last tournament, I always kept a crazy idea in the back of my mind… So yesterday, while I was writing down my final list for the event, I made a brutal change and swap eLylyth for Rhyas with a Rearguard Tier 4. I know, that is quite a big change. Nonetheless, Rhyas really shine last time I played her, and she’s in the ADR, and people always complain about eLylyth, and people don’t actually know Rhyas that much, which will probably play in my advantage a few time in the tournament.

So, this feels like a good moment to put down the list:

Rearguard Tier 4
Rhyas, Sigil of Everblight
-Succubus
-Typhon
-Zuriel
-Shredder
Max Warmongers
Max Warspears wt UA
Max Swordmen wt UA
War Chief
Shepherd
#Scythena
#Naga Nightluker
#Nephilim Protector
#Shepherd
Obj: Stockpile

pVayl
-Carnivean
-Scythean
-Angelius
-Nephilim Protector
-Shredder
Max Swordmen wt UA
Blackfrost Shard
The Forsaken
The Forsaken
#Naga Nightlurker
#Nephilim Bloodseer
#Strider Deathstalker
#Strider Deathstalker
#Max Spawning Vessel
#Shepherd
#Shepherd
Obj: Fuel Cache

The Rhyas list is pretty straightforward. With little to no choice with the Tier requirements, the objective is to sweep my opponent army off the table, leave all the latitude to either to for the assassination or the scenario. All the Tier bonus are very good with that in mind, because Stealthed Advance Deployed Ogruns just feel a bit OP if you ask me. The ADR sidebar is to swap with Zuriel if needed, either going for the Scythean and Shepherd or the two lights.
The pVayl list is to go against the armored stuff, with the Forsakens to deal with some infantry if need be. Admittedly, her sidebar is more… obscure. I only really wanted the Naga and the Deathstalker, but I figured out that I could just fill it up with anything that could be usefull.

With that in mind, I left my study-town around noon, stopped in my hometown to have dinner with my lil’ Ben (it’s his birthday, and one should always make time for that kind of stuff), then I grab my minis and hit the road toward the event, Typhon on my passenger seat as co-pilot (he’s not based yet, nor does he have a place in my case, and I didn’t feel good to throw him in my voyage bag with the Bloodseer, between two t-shirt).

So, what will happen tomorrow? Nobody knows !




No comments:

Post a Comment